HM Land Registry is working with TMP Worldwide - one of its recruitment partners - to find the next generation of apprentices.
Welcome to HM Land Registry's Apprenticeship in Business Administration - an opportunity like no other. You'll get all the benefits of an apprenticeship - paid work experience, valuable skills and a recognised qualification. But that's not all: you'll also help to shape the digital future of a vitally important organisation. HM Land Registry safeguards land and property ownership worth more than £4 trillion in England and Wales They need your fresh ideas to help them make property transactions simple, secure and as speedy as possible.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
What are we looking for?
What's the offer?
- £17,127 per year pro rata
- Two-year apprenticeship that leads to completion of a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
- Potential to take on a permanent role at the end of your apprenticeship
- Access to Civil Service online training courses and wider Civil Service job opportunities
What will you be doing?
- Processing applications to update the property register
- Checking that applications for registration can proceed
- Processing the applications using electronic casework registration systems
- Call handling and customer service
- Contributing to team efficiency and effectiveness
- Managing your own workload
- Taking part in daily meetings, and contributing ideas for improving results and services
How will you be supported?
- Training in all aspects of the work will ensure you do the best you possibly can
- Your team leader and supervisor will help you with your learning and development
- You’ll have full support of your dedicated talent coaches
Benefits of working for HM Land Registry
Enjoy a fantastic benefits package including:
- 26 days holiday (pro rata), plus 8 bank holidays
- Flexible working hours (Monday to Friday)
- Pension scheme
- Interest-free bike loan
- Travel season ticket loan
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave entitlements
- Childcare vouchers
There is an active social scene within each office including social and sports clubs. We hold events such as a national sports day and a charity challenge. We also organise other social events throughout the year.
Who will you be working with?
- Join a team of between 18 and 25 people consisting of fellow apprentices and other HM Land Registry colleagues.
- Support your team as they provide a dynamic service to customers, leading the way in the innovative digital delivery of land registration services.
What's the application process?
- Read the instructions on the ‘Apply Now’ page of this site
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to go to the HM Land Registry online application form
- Answer the questions on the online application form
- Upload scanned/photographed copies of your educational qualifications
- Wait to hear if you’ve been shortlisted (you’ll hear by email, so keep checking)
- If you are successful you will need to complete an online verbal reasoning test
- On reaching the required standard at the online test, you will be invited to attend the final assessment stage at the relevant HM Land Registry office.